Ultra Prime Lenses have the widest focal range of any prime lens set available to cover every cinematic need: from the unique Ultra Prime 8R extreme wide angle lens to the best telephoto lens designed specifically for motion pictures, the Ultra Prime 180 mm, giving you the flexibility to get the coverage you want.
Ultra Prime Lenses retain their excellent image quality even at close focus across the whole Super 35 frame. The Ultra Prime Lenses are lightweight standard speed lenses that are a perfect optical match to the high speed Master Prime Lenses.
- 15 modern high performance prime lenses (T.1.9)
- Widest focal length range: 8 – 180 mm
- Ultra Prime 8R extreme wide angle lens
- Ultra Prime 180 the best cinema telephoto prime
- Superior close focus ability
|Name||Type||Aperture||Close focus (5)||Length (lens mount to front)||Front diameter||Weight||Horizontal angle of view||Horizontal angle of view||Horizontal angle of view|
|Ultra Prime T2/12 mm||Distagon T*||T2 to T22||0.3m / 1′||140mm / 5.5″||156mm / 6.1″||2.0kg / 4.4lbs||92.6°||90.2°||85.2°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/14 mm||Distagon T*||T1.9 to T22||0.22m / 3/4′||112mm / 4.4″||114mm / 4.5″||1.8kg / 4.0lbs||82.6°||80.6°||75.6°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/16 mm||Distagon T*||T1.9 to T22||0.25m / 1′||94mm / 3.7″||95mm / 3.7″||1.2kg / 2.6lbs||75.2°||75.6°||70.8°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/24 mm||Distagon T*||T1.9 to T22||0.3m / 1′||91mm / 3.6″||95mm / 3.7″||1.0kg / 2.2lbs||55.8°||54.2°||50.2°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/32 mm||Distagon T*||T1.9 to T22||0.35m / 1 1/4′||91mm / 3.6″||95mm / 3.7″||1.1kg / 2.4lbs||43.0°||41.6°||38.2°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/50 mm||Planar T*||T1.9 to T22||0.6m / 2′||91mm / 3.6″||95mm / 3.7″||1.0kg / 2.2lbs||27.2°||26.2°||24.0°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/85 mm||Planar T*||T1.9 to T22||0.9m / 3′||91mm / 3.6″||95mm / 3.7″||1.2kg / 2.6lbs||17.1°||16.5°||15.2°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/135 mm||Sonnar T*||T1.9 to T22||1.5m / 5′||119mm / 4.7″||95mm / 3.7″||1.6kg / 3.5lbs||10.5°||10.2°||9.3°|
|Ultra Prime T1.9/180 mm||Sonnar T*||T1.9 to T22||2.6m / 8 1/2′||166mm / 6.5″||114mm / 4.5″||2.6kg / 5.7lbs||7.9°||7.6°||7.0°|
T* is the trademark for the special Zeiss anti-reflex lens coating that reduces veiling glare and other reflectionsHorizontal angle of view for an ANSI Super 35 Silent camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 24.9mm x 18.7mm / 0.980″ x 0.7362″). Ground glasses available for ARRICAM, ARRIFLEX 235 and all 435 and 535 models.
- Horizontal angle of view for a DIN Super 35 Silent camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 24mm x 18mm / 0.944″ x 0.7087″). Ground glasses available for ARRIFLEX 235 and all 435 and 535 models.
- Horizontal angle of view for a Normal 35 Academy camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.37, dimensions 22mm x 16mm / 0.8661″ x 0.6299″). Ground glasses available for ARRICAM, ARRIFLEX 235 and all 435 and 535 models.
- l’ is the radius of the image circle needed for the respective format. It is the same as the distance from the image center to a corner. ‘
- Close focus is measaured from the film plane.